Chubgirl and I sometimes have trouble finishing our bananas, it didn't take long for her to start making some delicious banana bread! We made it so often that we started to write comics about it.
It's such an easy thing to cook and one of the first things I learned to bake, good luck!
Banana bread shared by fans! Tag us @hubman.chubgirl to show us your banana bread!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can use a full cup if you want it to be super sweet, or as low as 1/3 cup). We started using 1/3 cup recently.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: chocolate chips and walnuts (eyeball it!)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together (whisk) butter and sugar.
- Add crushed bananas and eggs, combine well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to banana mixture.
- Add vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- (Optional) Mix in a handful of chocolate chips or walnuts or anything you want!
- Pour into load pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 1 hour